JES Tunnel Safety offer a Smart, IoT-enabled visibility sensor that can also detect up to three gases: (CO, NO, NO2).
- Scattered light visibility sensor with dual beam method
- Optional up to 3 electrochemical gas sensor modules (CO, NO, NO2)
- Installation in-situ (in the tunnel’s driving area) or with suction line up to 10m
- Active extraction of sample air by integrated fan
- Integrated purge air system
- Optional sample heater to eliminate fog from measurement
- Stainless steel housing 1.4404 (AISI 316L)
- IP rating IP69K
- Connection to tunnel control system by:
- MODBUS RTU (RS-485)
- MODBUS/TCP (Ethernet)
- Analogue and relay outputs
- Web service (Ethernet)
- Integrated web server for visualisation, configuration, data logging, remote maintenance (Ethernet option only)
- Optional smart/HUB IoT operating and control unit with touch display
- Plug & play operation
Tunnel ventilation can be controlled intelligently via Visibility and Gas Monitoring. Visibility is expressed by the extinction coefficient, which describes the light attenuation caused by particles in the air.
The sensor extracts air from the tunnel by an integrated fan and feeds it into the measuring cell which detects the intensity of light scattered by this sample, sets it into relation with the light passing through and calculates the extinction coefficient.
Optional electro-chemical gas sensor cells induce currents proportional to the prevailing gas concentration. With these currents and the measured temperature, the gas sensor modules calculate the gas concentrations.
- Specifically designed for application in tunnels
- Single sensor instead of transmitter/receiver pair requiring exact alignment
- Effective fog elimination by optional heater
- Easy re-calibration by calibration plug
- Internally generated purge air keeps optics clean and prevents long-term drift
- Low maintenance requirements, stable, accurate
- Smart IoT enabled solution from sensor over hub to asset management
- Condition monitoring
- Remote maintenance
- Flexible integration into tunnel control system
- Pre-calibrated gas sensor modules for easy exchange.