Visibility Sensor VS20k-UMB
New version of the known Lufft VS20 visibility sensor with a measurement range of 10-20,000m, easy calibration functionality, sea waterproof housing and (active) spider defence.
The VS20k visibility sensor measures visibility up to 20,000 m, ideal for road traffic applications on motorways, highways or bridges.
A calibration device is available (optional).
The VS20k-UMB is configured via the software UMB Config Tool:
- Reading / Changing of the current configuration
- Polling of the current measurement values,
- The software allows configurations to be loaded and stored.
Measurement data is available for further processing in the form of the standard protocol Lufft UMB. ASD = Active Spider Defense: The built-in vibrating motor ensures at irregular intervals that the VS2k visibility sensor is not so prone to spiders. The construction of VS2k also reduces the frequency of maintenance.
- Parameters measured: Visibility (measuring range 10-20,000 m)
- Measurement technology: 45° forward light scattering
- Product highlights: suitable for extreme ambient conditions, active spider defence, seawater resistant, compatible interfaces
- Interfaces: RS-485, analogue output.
Examples of use
The robust and sea water proved visibility sensor is designed for professional meteorological applications in all climate zones, onshore as well as offshore. It delivers reliable data, even in extreme ambient conditions.
- Weather observation for road and traffic control systems
- Weather stations at airports, marinas and onboard ships
- Wind turbine control