WS100 Radar Precipitation Sensor / Smart Disdrometer
Maintenance-free and extremely fast measurement of rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, hail and intensity, thanks to radar measurement technology. The smart radar rain sensor & present weather detector!
Using a 24-GHz Doppler radar and adjustable heating, the Lufft WS100 measures the speed of all forms of condensed water: rain, freezing rain, hail, snow and sleet.
The low-energy sensor detects precipitation from the first drop. Uses include: hydrology and water management, agricultural and environmental science, building automation, meteorology or airport and traffic control.
- Parameters measured: Rain/precipitation quantity, rain/precipitation type (Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, hail)
- Measurement technology: 24GHz Doppler radar
- Product highlights: Very fast response time, maintenance-free measurement, present weather detection
- Interfaces: RS-485 semi-duplex two-wire, SDI-12, pulse interface / UMB protocol, Modbus.
Product Advantages of the Lufft WS100 Radar Precipitation Sensor
Absolutely maintenance-free and low-energy 24-hour operation
- Maintenance-free operation through ingenious technology without any moving parts
- Energy-saving sensor thanks to the improved ECO mode (0.4 VA)
- Extended heating capacity allows operation in summer as well as in winter
- Improved heating power with lower power consumption: Sensor heating integrated directly on the dome wall, power consumption with 9 VA heating.
- Very long service life and high operational reliability due to high quality components.
Every second counts: Precise precipitation measurement from the first drop
- Extremely fast measurement from the first raindrop
- Detection of precipitation and rainfall (rain, freezing rain, hail, snow and sleet)
- Detection of drop size (0.3 to 5 mm)
- Differentiation between 11 classifications of drop sizes
- Sensor provides rain intensity with higher resolution starting from 0.01 mm
- Improved measurement accuracy thanks to patented self-developed radar module
Precision sensor with radar technology designed for all industrial needs
- Precipitation sensor with radar technology: 24GHz Doppler radar
- Use of a lens for focusing the measuring beam Industry-wide application: hydrology, agriculture, building automation, metrology, winter service, airport and traffic control
- Particularly suitable for places or areas which are difficult to access due to being maintenance-free
- No maintenance or calibration, no additional hidden costs.
Designed for all common data loggers and data acquisition systems
- Multiple and simultaneous interfaces for data output and communication
- SDI-12 and RS-485 Modbus for reliable data transmission.
Examples of use
Examples of use of the Lufft WS100 Radar Precipitation Sensor
The maintenance-free and extremely fast measurement of precipitation type and intensity fits perfect the needs of the following applications…
- Weather observation for road and traffic control systems (RWIS – road weather information station)
- Weather stations at airports (AWOS)
- Weather stations of meteorological services
- Mountain weather stations for avalanche and flood warning
- Hydro-meteorological stations(flood warning, stormwater, …etc.)
- Agricultural Meteorology Stations
- Building Automation.